home.aspx
 
. https://www.idbs.com/blog/2019/07/excipients-take-center-stage-the-impact-on-formulations-and-compliance/
blog article
EXCIPIENTS TAKE CENTER STAGE: THE IMPACT ON FORMULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
When you think of a medication, is the active ingredient the first thing that pops into your head, or perhaps the name of the drug? You’re not alone. The active ingredient of a medicine gets all the attention, which is fair, considering it’s what gives the medicine its therapeutic properties. But it forms a tiny percentage of a medication – sometimes as little as 0.1%! The remaining 99.9% is excipients. Formulations, including the choice of excipients, is often overlooked, but shouldn’t be. It has a role in every research and development sector, whether it’s new and exciting biotherapeutics, industrial goods such as paints and solvents, or even your run-of-the-mill paracetamol tablets from your local pharmacy. READ MORE